Friday, May 27, 2011

Kyrgyzstan conscript severely beaten in Kyrgystan army incident

Here is the story link

Excerpt: BISHKEK -- The Kyrgyz Defense Ministry has launched an investigation into the beating of a young recruit in a military unit, RFE/RL's Kyrgyz Service reports.

Toktogul Kakchekeev of the Defense Ministry told RFE/RL that on May 26, Chubak Bakyt Uulu, 18, who was drafted to the Kyrgyz army just eight days ago, was hospitalized with serious injuries after a sergeant beat him.

Bakyt Uulu told RFE/RL that the sergeant beat him after he told him that he felt unwell and was not able to clean a toilet.

Bakyt Uulu was suffering abdominal pains and could not move. When he said he might have appendicitis, the sergeant kicked him twice in the belly and he passed out

Bakyt Uulu was hospitalized and diagnosed with a burst appendix. He was immediately operated on, and his condition is now satisfactory.

Bakyt Uulu said he was surprised to learn that the beating of young army recruits is a common occurrence.

"I voluntarily joined the army thinking that I would serve my motherland. I am still ready to serve my motherland, but my current state of health does not allow me to do so," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment